Discover Languages Video Contest Theme: Languages – Reach Beyond the Horizon!
For All Students Enrolled in World Language Classes in Wisconsin
Elementary (PK – 5)
Middle School (6 – 8)
High School (9 – 12)
As you learn more about our world, bring the world to Wisconsin. Show us how much languages mean to you and how important they are in your life!
Help Wisconsin Discover Languages and Discover the World!
Discover Languages is the national campaign to raise public awareness about the importance of language learning and the understanding of cultures.
Contest Open Now!
Submission Deadline October 2nd, 2017
Contest Focus— Students will develop a video that promotes language learning and provides the audience with compelling reasons on how languages and culture link us all together in today’s world!
Contest Purpose—To Promote and Educate the importance of language learning.
- The length of Video contest is not to exceed 2 minutes.
- In the video please include:
- Your first name only (No last names!)
- Your grade and the name of your school. (No city or states!)
- The language(s) you currently study, for how long you have studied the language(s), why you chose to study the language(s)
- How you use the language(s) in your life and in relation to the contest theme – focus.
- The Video contest must be “G” rated and acceptable for all audiences.
- The audience for the Video contest is the general public; therefore, submissions should be in English but can incorporate your language.
- Specifications for Video contest are:
- 2 minutes maximum in length
- MP4, MPEG, MOV, MPG, MPEG or WMV format
- Only one submission per student or group.
- Participation is limited to students enrolled in PK—16 World Language classes at the time of submission.
- Entries must be placed on a CD and postmarked or submitted online by the stated deadline with proper paperwork.
- Your teacher/instructor guiding this contest MUST be a member of WAFLT.
- All contact information must be present and all items in your entry must be clearly identified.
Permission Release Forms
All entries MUST be accompanied with the permission release form. Please download this form, obtain the necessary signatures and return the form in the submission entry. Entries submitted without release forms will not be considered.
Commercial content is NOT permitted to be used.
Permission must be granted to use any music, video or animation that appears in videos. Documentation verifying permission of use must be submitted with your entry if music, video, or animation is used or it will not be considered
- Content: Is the content and the message of the video contest engaging and relative to the theme of the contest?
- Creativity: Is the idea innovative and creative?
- Execution: Is the use of technology effective and used appropriately in order to get the message across to the audience?
- Effect: Was the overall effect achieved in communicating to the audience?
Prizes—(Ex. Gift cards to ITunes, Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, or specific to your area/location)
Prizes and certificates will be awarded in each submission category (elementary, middle, high, post-secondary). Award winners will be notified at the end of October and will be honored at the WAFLT Fall Conference Friday Luncheon in November.
Currently, entries must be submitted as a CD. We are working to navigate to a new online submission process. Please have patience and if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact email@example.com
To Submit Entry as a CD:
Label the case of the disk with:
- School Name
- First name(s) and grade
- Include permission release form
All entries or release forms must be SUBMITTED ONLINE and/or POSTMARKED by October 2, 2017.
Start to Discover Languages Today!
Entries must include all necessary documentation for consideration!
Please submit all entries to:
Mishicot High School
660 Washington Street
Mishicot, WI 54228
Start to Discover Languages Today!