2020 Virtual WAFLT Fall Conference
Online, from wherever you are!
November 6-7, 2020
Languages for All: Clear Visions on Equity, Proficiency, and Interculturality
WAFLT is excited to present to you the Virtual Fall Conference. We are working hard to bring you a number of high-quality professional development experiences that include:
- Over two dozen On-Demand (Asynchronous) Sessions on a variety of topics (also available post-conference to watch and rewatch!)
- Live sessions with interactive chat throughout the Saturday of the conference
- The State Language Association (AATs) networking sessions
- An inspiring Keynote from Rebecca Aubrey, ACTFL Teacher of the Year 2019
- The WAFLT Awards Ceremony on Friday night (BYO Wine and Cheese this year)
- The WAFLT Annual Business Meetings with opportunities to win free memberships
- Digital Exhibits, allowing you to connect with the companies ready to support us as educators!
- Access to On Demand sessions and archived versions of the live sessions after the conference is done, until the end of the year!
Tentative Conference Schedule
|Friday, November 6th||Asynchronously||On-Demand 1 Hour Sessions released at 8 AM. Digital Exhibit Hall Open|
|5:00 PM||Live Awards Ceremony: BYO Wine and Cheese and PJs!|
|Saturday, November 7th||8:00 AM- 8:50 AM||Live Stream: WAFLT Business Meeting3 free memberships given to 3 randomly selected attendees!|
|9:00 AM – 10:00 AM||Live Sessions 1|
|10:00 AM – 10:20 AM||Digital Exhibit Hall Break|
|10:20 AM-11:20 AM||Live Sessions 2|
|11:20 AM – 11:45 AM||Digital Exhibit Hall Break|
|11:45 AM – 12:35 PM||Keynote: Rebecca Aubrey|
|12:40 PM – 1:40 PM||Lunch with Your Lang Association: Networking/Business Meeting|
|1:40 PM – 2:00 PM||Digital Exhibit Hall Break|
|2:00 PM – 3:00 PM||Live Sessions 3|
WAFLT Member: $45
Online registration will close at the end of the day Wednesday, November 4th, to ensure all attendees are added to our Attendify Event. Attendify is the service we will be using to hold our digital event. It has access through apps on the Apple and Android stores as well as through internet browser access from your computer! Watch for more info!
A note about Mail-In Payments:
Whether mailing in your payment or paying by credit card, begin your registration online! All mail-in payment must be postmarked by October 25th to ensure we receive payment and can create your account on Attendify in time for the conference.
Keynote: Rebecca Aubrey, ACTFL Teacher of the Year 2019
WAFLT is excited to announce Rebecca Aubrey as our Keynote Speaker and one of our interactive session presenters this fall! Rebecca Aubrey received her B.A. in Human Ecology from College of the Atlantic, M.A. in Political Science from the University of Connecticut, and a Teaching Certification through the Connecticut Alternate Route to Certification. She has over 20 years of teaching experience at the college level, and 15 years of experience teaching Spanish in grades K-8. Rebecca has presented broadly in Connecticut and at the national level on topics like differentiation, positive behavior intervention strategies, and target language use. In addition to serving as the Connecticut representative to the National Network for Early Language Learning (NNELL), Rebecca was recently elected to serve as President-Elect of the Connecticut Council of Language Teachers (CT COLT), and is a graduate of Cohort 3 of ACTFL’s Leadership Initiative for Language Learning (LILL). Rebecca is passionate about exploring the cultural and linguistic diversity of our world, and equally passionate about empowering students to do the same. She is the 2019 ACTFL National Language Teacher of the Year. Follow Rebecca on Twitter @MaestraAubreyCT.
Saturday Live Sessions!
Don’t miss Saturday Live sessions by: Rebecca Aubrey, Donna Clementi, Toni Theisen, Pablo Muirhead, Pam DelFosse, Kelly Ferguson, and more! A full list of sessions will be released in early September.
Friday On-Demand Session Menu
On the Friday of the Conference, access will open up to over two dozen On Demand PD sessions for you to enjoy at your own pace and on your own time. And best of all, anyone signed up for the conference before the start date will have access to these videos through the end of the year! So far, sessions include topics such as:
- CI/Comprehensible Input
- Culture in Proficiency Based Classrooms
- Project Based Learning
- Virtual trips/Going “Abroad” from your classroom
- Tech integration in the WL Classroom
- ACTFL’s Six Core Practices
- Literacy development
- Building Curriculum and Programs
- And so much more!
A full list of scheduled available sessions will be published online later in September.
- Conference refund requests must be made in writing by November 30, 2020, and sent to WAFLT, P.O. Box 1493, Appleton, WI 54912.
- A service charge of $20.00 is applied to all refunds.
- Refunds can only be granted if you have not accessed the online conference platform.
- Membership Dues are nonrefundable.