Attention, High School Language Teachers:
Nominate one (or more) of your students to participate in the High School Visitors’ Program: Colleagues of the Future at this year’s WAFLT Conference!
There is a growing need for language teachers at all levels. The purpose of the WAFLT High School Visitors’ program is to provide a realistic, insightful, and entertaining view of the teaching of world languages. We encourage you to promote this unique, interactive opportunity to your junior and senior language students. There are probably students in your classes who would make great teachers, but who have never considered that possibility. Perhaps they have already decided to pursue an education degree but not as a teacher of languages. Those are the students we hope you will help us find!
WAFLT invites student participants to attend this workshop from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. on Friday, November 4th. If a student is selected to participate in the program, a non-refundable $10.00 registration fee will be charged. Students will have the opportunity to attend the WAFLT luncheon at no charge on the day of their workshop. Please do not send any money with student application(s). Confirmation materials will arrive via email prior to the conference.
- The teacher nominating the student must be registered and in attendance at the conference while the student is attending the workshop. However, teachers will not participate in the High School Visitors’ Program.
- Students who have not paid the required $10.00 registration fee will not be permitted to attend the High School Visitors’ Program.
- Students who arrive at the conference without pre-registering will not be admitted.
- Registered students are also eligible to attend any of the one-hour sessions offered on Friday, at no charge, provided they are accompanied by their nominating teacher.
Special Application Procedures
If you have students interested in attending the WAFLT High School Visitors’ Program, we ask that the teacher complete the student’s registration form located here. The completed form must be submitted no later than Friday, October 7, 2022.
**Please note: registrations are accepted only through the registration form linked above.
We thank you for your interest in this program and sincerely hope that you will nominate potential “colleagues of the future.” If you have any questions about the program, please contact:
* WAFLT is not liable for the participating students.