2021 VIRTUAL WAFLT Fall Conference
Online, from wherever you are!
November 5-6, 2021
Shaping, Growing, and Adapting our Language Community: Embracing change as a new connection with students
Check out our website’s new look (waflt.org)! Because of updates to the sites, the registration information is delayed and will be posted around September 15.
WAFLT is excited to present you the Virtual Fall Conference. We are working hard to bring you a number of high-quality professional development experiences that include:
- Over thirty On-Demand (Asynchronous) Sessions on a variety of topics
- Live sessions with interactive chat throughout the Saturday of the conference
- The State Language Association (AATs) networking sessions
- An inspiring Keynote from Jenna Cushing-Leubner, Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator at University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- The WAFLT Awards Ceremony on Friday night (BYO Wine and Cheese!)
- The WAFLT Annual Business Meeting with opportunities to win free memberships
- Digital Exhibits, allowing you to connect with the companies ready to support us as educators!
- Access to On-Demand sessions and archived versions of the live sessions after the conference is done, until the end of the year!
|Asynchronously On-Demand 1 Hour Sessions released at 8 AM. Digital Exhibit Hall Open|
|4:00-6:15 PM Workshops- Included with registration!|
|6:30 PM Live Awards Ceremony: BYO Wine and Cheese and PJs! Opening Keynote- Jenna Cushing-Leubner|
|8:00 AM-8:50 AM||Live Stream: WAFLT Business Meeting|
|3 free memberships given to 3 randomly selected attendees!|
|9:00 AM - 10:00 AM||Session A|
|10:00 AM - 10:15 AM||Digital Exhibit Hall Break|
|10:15 AM-11:15 AM||Session B|
|11:15 AM - 11:30 AM||Digital Exhibit Hall Break|
|11:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Lunch with Your Language Association: Networking/Business Meeting|
|12:30 PM - 12:50 PM||Digital Exhibit Hall Break|
|12:50 PM - 1:50 PM||Session C|
|1:50 PM - 2:50 PM||Session D|
|2:50 PM - 3:50 PM||Closing Keynote|
WAFLT Member: $45
Registration will close at the end of the day Wednesday, November 3rd, to ensure all attendees are added to our Hopin Event. Hopin is the service we will be using to hold our digital event. It has access through apps on the Apple and Android stores as well as through internet browser access from your computer!
Keynote: Jenna Cushing-Leubner, UW-Whitewater
Don’t miss Saturday Live sessions by: Donna Clementi, Paul Sandrock, Kelly Ferguson, Pam Delfosse, Deana Zorko, and more! A full list of sessions will be released in early September.
Friday On-Demand Session Menu
On the Friday of the Conference, access will open up to over thirty On Demand PD sessions for you to enjoy at your own pace and on your own time. And best of all, anyone who signed up for the conference before the start date will have access to these videos through the end of the year! So far, sessions include topics such as:
- Equity in the WL Classroom
- Reflective Teaching and Student Motivation
- Tech integration in the WL Classroom
- ACTFL’s Six Core Practices
- Social and Emotional Learning
- Literacy development
- Feedback and Grading
- And so much more!
A full list of scheduled available sessions will be published online in mid-September.